Fgv direito porto alegre

 

Fgv direito porto alegre

The university originated from the Escola de Farmácia e Química (School of Pharmacy and Chemistry ) in 1895, It was expanded in 1896, when the Engineering College was created. This was the beginning of higher education in Rio Grande do Sul . In the end of the 19th century, the Medicine and Law schools were founded, the latter being the first school of humanities tertiary education in the state.

In November 1934, the Universidade de Porto Alegre (University of Porto Alegre) was founded, initially composed of the following units:

The third transformation took place in 1947, when it became the Universidade do Rio Grande do Sul (University of Rio Grande do Sul), URGS, incorporating the Law and Dentistry Colleges from Pelotas and with the Pharmacy College from Santa Maria . These units, however, separated from URGS when the Federal Universities of Pelotas and Santa Maria were founded.